Tuesday, March 24, 2009

i <3 faces - no flash


I have been watching from a distance the past few weeks as i heart faces has been popping up in the blogs I read, so I decided to finally join in.

This week the challenge is no flash.

While I have been using lights almost all winter long, I have had the opportunity to get outside a couple times and use the beautiful natural light! I love love love natural light. I would not dare categorize myself as a natural light photographer as I still rely on lights a lot of the time. Maybe someday I can be cool enough to do everything with natural light... or at least make my stuff look like natural light ;)

While there are two categories, one for adults and one for kids, I am only entering the adults category.

This picture is taken from an engagement session I did about 2 weeks ago for my upcoming first wedding! I have had such an amazing experience with this girl that I am about ready to make it a requirement that a couple do their engagement session with me before their wedding. She is so much more excited about her pictures now that she's gotten a sneak-peek as it were :)

When this picture was taken, she was talking on and on about how silly she probably looked and I said, no way, you look soooo cute! and then she laughed, and I got it. I don't even think she knew I clicked at that moment, but guess which picture ended up being the fave? ;)



If you would like to join in or check out other entries, just go over here and check it out.


Photobucket

8 extraordinary comments:

Erin March 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

I've been wondering when you were going to hop on the I Heart Faces bandwagon!

Great pic!

Susan March 24, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist for too long. It is so much fun!
That is a great shot! I love both of their expressions.

Michelle March 24, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

As a complete amateur, it's SO much fun...this is a BEAUTIFUL photo. I love when photos make me feel something and this one definitely does. No wonder it was a fave!!

Julie Rivera March 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

What a great captured moment! Your focus is exactly right and the picture is fabulous. Welcome to the fun!

Aprille - The Muddled March 24, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

Amanda - I was like heeeey! I've seen this blog before. Another addiction Rachel has gotten me in on. This is a beautiful picture!! One of the best Ive seen in here and I am almost through them. Very pretty!

alpinekleins March 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

Love that moment - it's great when you capture those special ones! YES!

Kristin K

Rachel March 27, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Great job Amanda! I love the natural expressions in this picture - wonderful job as always!

Amy Fichtner March 28, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

I love this picture!!! I hope it wins!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP