Thursday, March 19, 2009

it actually fits!

The dresses for Melissa's wedding came in on Monday... the long awaited day had finally arrived. About a month ago, I came to terms with the fact that this dress would not fit if I didn't do something. I did not intentionally order it too small, in fact, when I ordered I was deluded into thinking that I would be able to fit into it.

My reasoning was this. Last year I was in another wedding on the same weekend as Melissa's. When I bought that dress I weighed what I weigh right now. And the dress fit perfectly.

I did not take into account though, that last year's dress was much more forgiving leaving me that room to waiver.

This year's dress is much more fitted. And there's no stretch to it at all. So, when purchasing the dress I told them (against the counsel of the seamstress) what size I wanted because gosh darn it, that's what size I am!

Buuuut, when reality set in, and I realized that I would have struggled to get into my "forgiving" dress from last year, I set to work. I started running/walking and have since begun resistance training. (the sight of my arms in a strapless was more than enough motivation)

Two nights before I got the dress and had to face my moment of truth, I had a horrific dream. Let me tell you...

It was the day of the wedding. And I for some reason, was shooting a wedding that day... how that happened, I don't know. I had forgotten my camera and all my equipment and had to run back to my house to get it all. By the time I got back home, I was all sweaty and nasty, but realized that I had a job to do, so I just ran back to the church (which happened to be LCS, why? idk. I haven't even been there in about a year lol)

Upon arriving back at the church, I couldn't find the bridal party, so I was calling everyone on my phone who might be able to locate them. After a few calls, the bride finally calls me and is all like, where in the world are you?

I found them all and that ended that segment of the dream. I moved to a trailer where I was getting ready for Melissa's wedding now. Apparently this other pseudo wedding was over and done with haha. As I went to put on my dress believing it to be a very pretty shade of tan (like latte) I pulled the cover off of it and realized it was blue! Which, by the way is indeed the color of the dress... and I happen to love it. But, upon seeing that it was entirely different than what I expected I was immediately disappointed.

I got over that quickly and went to put it on. Now, it seemed to go on just fine... until I looked down and saw that the cut on the bust line was made to show off as much as possible and my *ahem* bust, was not staying where it should. It was like one of those heart shaped cuts, where it scoops down in the middle. But instead of the little scoop it should have been, it was like whoa nelly! I decided quickly that I would need some wardrobe tape in order to keep everything in place (nevermind the fact that I would never be caught dead in real life wearing something that revealing) wardrobe tape would most certainly be the solution.

An old friend from camp suddenly appeared and allowed me to borrow her car to go to the store. So I grabbed her keys and looked down to see that I was already wearing shoes...

Yes, the shoes that I had bought for the wedding.

Imagine a pair of soft leather beige boots that laced up the front.

That's what I was wearing. And for the life of me I could not figure out WHY Melissa had ever approved of them.

When I got to the store for the tape, all I remember finding was velcro.

The End.

HAHAHAHAHA! I don't know if that makes you laugh, but I certainly got a good kick out of it. There were so many sub-conscious thoughts coming to the surface there it's not even funny lol!

Well, onto the reason for this post. Since I began this journey to shed some pounds in order to fit in the dress, I have lost a total of 7 pounds. I still have some more to go, but I did indeed squeeze into that dress on Tuesday. And didn't look half bad doing it ;)





So, I decided that for the next few weeks, a fun thing to do would be to put on the dress and take pictures of how I fit into it better than before. At first I was thinking every week, but I think that may get a little boring. So every other week I will be putting it on, taking a picture (next time not with my cell) and posting.

It looks fine... really. Unless I sit down ;)


Photobucket

8 extraordinary comments:

Melissa March 19, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

you are hysterical

I love it. And it looks really nice on you :D

Rachel March 19, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Wow, good job! Looks good!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub March 19, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

I have the strangest dreams too... when I dream, that is. But, I guess, strange and dreams kind of go hand in hand. Right? :)

A Beautiful dress that YOU make look good! I think you are doing terrific! (when ever I say "terrific" I picture a sticker from my 1st grade teacher - ha!)

-Andrea

Erin March 19, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Gorgeous dress and you look fabulous in it!!!

Keri March 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Oh that is such a pretty dress! And you look fabulous already- you're going to knock 'em dead by the time the wedding gets here :)

I had to laugh at your dream because that crazy nightmare is my reality. (Well, some of it is...)

My sister-in-law is getting married in August and the dress she chose really does have that halter style in the front that dips waaaaay down in the middle. Past the point where a bra would naturally sit, plus the back is totally open all the way down to the panty line so you cant wear a bra AT ALL! I'll be searching for that garment tape pretty soon here, lol. (too bad I also have NO BOOBS! So I'm going to look like a 12 year old boy in this dress :P) Did I mention it's a "mermaid style" cut? This on a girl who's all thighs and butt? Ugh, it's all such a disaster!

I only wish I could end up looking as lovely as you do in yours. Unfortunately I'm going to look like a big, flat chested, pear instead. Oh well!

Stefanie March 19, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

You look great! Love the dress! I think it's the same color as the one I just picked up on Tuesday for my sister's wedding in April. I'll have to post a pick of me actually in it once I hike up the straps enough to make it decent. Question, are you at Bridal Belle in Henrietta? That dressing room looks way too familiar.

Anonymous March 20, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Amanda, you look great, amazing - drop dead gorgeous!!! :) It is a perfect style for you and very flattering!!! Way to go girl!!!
Don't you hate dreams like that!!! Just don't schedule another wedding that day!!! :) :) :)

Alistar March 21, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

you and your dreams... lol. Ps you look great in the dress; I would suggest, however, that you wear it to church on Sunday so that you can maximize it's use!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP