Wednesday, September 10, 2008

$1000 check

This past week I went to a conference where I heard Bill Johnson speak. I mentioned this in my last post but didn't expand on purpose. I wanted to save those reflections/thoughts for this separate post.

Anyways, i have had a real passion for seeing God work supernaturally ever since I went to India and saw it happening firsthand. I've heard Bill through like dvds of different conferences he has spoken at, but what an opportunity to hear him speak in person.

I am not one to pin greatness on people. And that's not what i'm doing here. I just know that I was seriously impacted by what he had to say and wanted to more or less get my thoughts written down.

So here's the thing. I have seen healings occur, as you've heard me speak of on here in the past, and I have been trying to STILL figure out how to categorize watching the seemingly impossible, happen.

I have heard people say that if you don't believe enough, then someone won't be healed. I have heard people say that people don't get healed because of some greater reason God has in mind...

I don't know that I believe either of those so much.

This is what Bill said that made a ton of sense to me.

So get this:

Jesus already paid for healing when He died on the cross. When we pray for someone to be healed, it's like we're delivering a check that's already been made out to them.

If we are just the carriers, then it wouldn't make a difference whether we believed it would happen or not. Like, if I have a check in my hand for $1000 to give to my friend alicia, and I didn't believe that I was holding a check for $1000, it really wouldn't matter. The fact remains, I am still holding the check for $1000... now I just have to hand it to her.

It's an interesting concept. And while I'm still figuring out how to mentally take in all that I have seen and heard in the last year or so, I am choosing to realize that God is at work among us...

and whether I believe it or not doesn't matter at all...

Which is pretty stinking cool.


Photobucket

5 extraordinary comments:

Susan September 10, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Yes, God is at work among us and I think that no matter what the need, it is our responsibility to offer prayers on the behalf of others.

G. September 10, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

I agree with you. What a great post!

Laural Out Loud September 10, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

What an intesting way to think about prayer!

Jyl @ MommyGossip September 10, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

I'll e-mail you more about this, because I have tons to say, but I love this topic. Faith is amazing!

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

God is so amazing - our minds are just so small compared to His Awesomeness. What a great reminder. I am still believing for my back to be healed - I know it will come!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP