Saturday, September 13, 2008

omg i never blog

I've always been of the mind that I would NOT write blogs like this. But i am feeling the need to express myself in this way, at this moment. So I would like to say it now.

Oh my goodness, I never blog.

On that note, I have something to share.

My latest shoot and one of the most beautiful girls I know.


I also thought I would share something else with you while I'm at it.

You might think that as a photographer, I am all charismatic and whatnot. And when I go out with people to take their pictures I'm super smooth and polished etc.

Let me assure you...

I am a completely the opposite!


This may sound weird, but it's true!

I get into this mindset where I'm trying to figure out what's going to look cool and tell my people to do crazy things sometimes... then when it's not working I just say forget it.

I often wonder to myself if I totally drive people nuts while doing this... but honestly, the bottom line is that I end up with good pictures for them.

And that's how I do it!


I dislike doing the same things over and over. And while I may repeat some things that I know look good, I always try to mix it up and fit into the person's individual style.

Anyways, I don't know that anyone needed to know that. But since I find it weird/interesting that I do this, I thought you might like to know too!

So this is Leah... this gorgeous girl you all saw. I love her so much. She is a total sweetheart as I'm sure you can see in her eyes.

She has a beautiful smile! and what was so funny about doing pictures with her is that I thought she would be totally posing it up for me because that's her personality, but she totally wasn't! In fact, whenever I would turn to her with my camera she would more or less shy away!

But when I would turn around to grab something from my bag, I would see her strike a pose or do something goofy, and I would whip around to try and catch her... but alas, she was faster. I managed to draw her out though, and I'm very pleased with the results.

I am currently/actively working on a website that I hope to be up within about a month. I am also going to be doing a promotional for my business, which if you haven't gathered (due to my lack of blogging!!!) I am currently in the process of starting.

So stay tuned for updates on that! And hopefully more (consistent) blogging will be in my future...


Photobucket

5 extraordinary comments:

Melissa September 13, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

incredible pictures.

But you knew that.

I wanna be as good as you!!! *whines*

Anonymous September 14, 2008 at 12:55 AM  

I LOVE THEM! I especially love the one where you can't really see her. Heh. Where she's looking off into the abyss... For some reason it speaks to me. <3

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub September 14, 2008 at 1:10 AM  

You have such a great eye, Amanda.

I know, I've said that before but it's TRUE!

Beautiful! Just beautiful.

-Andrea

Jyl @ MommyGossip September 16, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

Hi there! I am back. I have been gone for several days, but here I am again, checking out your great posts. And, photography as it turns out. I especially love the third pic. What a terrific angle. That's a keeper!

Hope your life is going well. I promise I'll e-mail you more later after I catch up from the trip.

-Bridget September 18, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

You take awesome pics! I'm so jealous of your abilities.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP