Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm freaking out right now!!!

Today is the day!

I've known this day was coming for awhile...

And i've had mixed feelings about it.

But now that it's here, I'm about ready to scream and jump up and down!!!

Today, they introduced the BRAND NEW Canon 5D Mark II!

I know, I know... I'm a dork...

But I'm a photographer, can you blame me?!

I've been planning on buying the 5D for a couple months now... and am quite close to having enough money.

I've done my research baby, and the 5D is exactly what I want/need and more than I could ask for.

It's an amazing quality pro-level camera and I have not heard ONE BAD thing about it.

So now, they came out with it's successor... what am I to do?!

It's so brand spanking new, that I can't even find the price anywhere.

I imagine it's a boatload, but still... a girl needs to know!

So if you know how much it is, or find a site that actually lists the price, help me out here!

And if you're a fellow photographer, please feel free to leave your drool comments.


Photobucket

7 extraordinary comments:

Anonymous September 17, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Um, HOLY CRAP! I KNEW it! Omg, I want to buy it RIGHT NOW. I'm so glad I didn't get the 5D now.

I want to jump up and down! Not that I can afford it yet. Yet. :)But still. How did you find out about this?

Lex the mom September 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

I found some info on that beauty here: http://gizmodo.com/367086/canon-5d-mark-ii-rumored-specs-and-details

According to that site - it's MSRP is $3499, available June 2 (2009?).

How I would love to have a camera like that - but there's no way I could justify spending that much on a camera. I am not a photographer, though. It looks like an awesome bit of equipment for someone who is a photographer!

Susan September 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

That is a beauty!
Here is the info you seek:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2330520,00.asp

Lex the mom September 18, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

Hey, lady - I tagged your wonderfulness. ;)

Laural Out Loud September 18, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

I'm still in the $300 dollar range for cameras, lol. I have my eye on the Cannon S80, but we'll see. If I was a pro, the camera you want would be awesome!

Anonymous September 18, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Well... for someone who has only ever dabbled in pro photography... I, um, just squeed and drooled a little.

Unknown September 24, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

i say wait.
any new camera has bugs and kinks to work out.. and then you have to do firmware upgrades until they get it right.
if you hold off.. you can get it after they fix the kinks, and probably a few hundred less.
i plan to buy a second 5d to have on hand until probably spring/summer of 09 when i make the leap to the new 5d successor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP