Saturday, January 31, 2009

the big 6-OH

Even as I write it, I"m wondering if it's acceptable for someone other than my mom to be referring to today as the...

big 6-OH.

hmmm... I'll get back to ya on that one.

As for the rest of this post, it's goin out to you, mom :) Happy Birthday

I have been saving these pictures for such a post as this for quite some time now. Remember when we went out for ice cream back in August and then sat on the porch to eat it? and i kept taking your picture... hahaha well here they are!



















Mom, I'm so privileged and glad to have you as my mom. I know that when you had me you could not have imagined that 24 years later we would still be living in the same house... i swear, i'm not a failure to launch :)

I'm so glad for the time i have with you, and the time that I will have in the coming years. I don't know what I would do without you...

I'd flounder around far more than any person should (more than i do already that is ;)

When I look at pictures like these, I realize that you will truly always be young... it doesn't matter how many years go by. you are young at heart, and it's such an inspiration to look at you and know I have someone to model my life after. Thank you for who you are and all you've become, Mom.

I love you!


Photobucket

6 extraordinary comments:

Melissa January 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

aww, what a beautiful post. thanks for the tears! lol.

Your mom IS pretty incredible. Your one lucky woman!

Erin January 31, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

What a beautiful post to your momma...and beautiful pictures too! She must be so proud of you.

Debbie January 31, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

This is a beautiful tribute! Thank you, Sweetie. I couldn't be more touched. This has been a really WONDERFUL day!

Nick ... and all the rest of us ... loved HIS tribute, too! How precious!

You ARE a very special gift to our family!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub January 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Your mom is so beautiful. And she doesn't age, not at all.

I hope she has a wonderful day and has an even more wonderful year!

(I hope I look that good at 60!! Bring on the sunscreen, baby!))

-Andrea

MICHELLE February 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Aww.. that was so sweet! She is quite a lovely lady your mom is - Happy Birthday! We love you lots!

And the photos are awesome. They really catch her personality!

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

You look like your mom. You have her same smile. :D

And p.s. She looks totally into that ice cream in the second pic and made me hungry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP