Wednesday, January 14, 2009

it finally came

I have been waiting and waiting to get this lens. When I got my 5D a couple months ago, my trusty rusty tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 didn't fit. So I sold it pretty quickly as the resale of that lens had gone WAY down in the 5 months I owned it.

I have had my eye on this new one for quite a while, and finally saved up enough for it. I found it for a good price... but what I think is a good price, may not be so nice to you haha! Let me tell you, at this point, I don't even bat an eye at a $500 price tag on photographic equipment. In fact, anything less than that, i may even consider cheap... this is what photography does to you.

Anyways, after much todo, ie me not being home when the lens was delivered etc, my dad being the great guy that he is, went out and tracked down the ups man to get it for me! What a nice dad :)

I had planned on Monday to do a whole mini-shoot with the lens to have some stuff to post... however, comma, being that the lens did not arrive until yesterday, and after I got a beater cold... I was in no mood to do anything last night.

Well, after I got home from work, I pulled that baby out of the box and after cleaning it, set to work. I was having a blast shooting basically in the dark. Let me tell you, with the combination of the 5D and the lens... i may just be unstoppable. This thing shoots almost anywhere!

After dinner, I started to feel a bit better, so I decided to go out for a bit. went to small group and then to see the boy in striped pajamas (this movie was one of the most horrible movies i've ever seen... but i don't regret seeing it. it was about the holocaust from a German boy's perspective)

Upon putting some makeup on, and realizing that it looked better than most days (to me at least) I decided to shoot just a bit with the bees (my strobes)

I had a specific shot in mind, but being that the whole thing is so darn heavy now, I could only manage to do this one.



Maybe tomorrow i'll work with my mom to get some more. I seriously can't handle the clarity this lens gives me. I was tempted to run a sharpening action on my eyes here, but couldn't bring myself to. They are just ridiculous untouched! Imagine what it would be like even sharper! AHH!

Well, I'm closing in on only 45 minutes left before I pick up the kid. I have so many things to do in that space of time! should i read... watch csi... facebook... blog... pictures... sleep... the possibilities are endless... which is exactly the problem! Anyways, more pictures to come later on this week i'm sure.


Photobucket

3 extraordinary comments:

Melissa January 14, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

WOAH!

That is INCREDIBLE!!!! I wanna play with it :D

Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

It's an awesome piece of glass, isn't it?

(I HATE when people say that. I'm being obnoxious.)

Anyway, glad you got it! Looks great! Let the muscle-building begin!

Erin January 14, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Lucky girl...have fun..great shot! Can't wait to see more photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP