Thursday, January 22, 2009

name that fish

A couple weeks ago, Andy really wanted a fish. So they bought him a very pretty betta. Well, I loved the vase the fish now lives in so much that I decided I wanted one of my own.

Yesterday, I went out on a mission. Find a fish.

Buy everything that goes with a fish.

I found me some bamboo and a vase that I just loved, but I didn't buy any rocks because I knew that I had enough things like that at home that would work really well.

And when I got home, I dug out this:



This is the sand that I stole from the island of Hawaii like 6 years ago. That's right. We were at Waimea bay on the north shore and the sand was unlike any i'd ever seen before. It was fine, but at the same time as if each piece was it's own stone. Anyways, I loved it so much that I brought a bucket back to the house and then packed it in my suitcase in about 4 layered ziploc bags.

I have used some over the years, but sparingly as I had yet to find the perfect application. This was it! I just love the way it looks in the new fishy house.



Speaking of which, there he is! The new little guy. He's very pretty with that spikey tail thing goin on. And pictures don't really do the color justice. He's a beautiful iridescent blue-green.



So, now I have to come up with a name. But I don't wanna just name it for the heck of it. I have had a lot of fish in my life, and usually the names are just given without much thought.



I decided what I would do is pick out the names I like best (hopefully from some suggestions from you!) and put them all up on a poll to see who likes what.



So leave a comment with a prospective name for my new little fishy :)



I put him in there last night, and he hasn't moved from this spot... I kinda feel bad, cuz i don't know why he isn't moving around. He was very hungry yesterday when I got him home. I think he was being starved. Maybe even a case for fish malnutrition. I cut him off after 10 pieces of food, cuz honestly, enough was enough. I didn't want 'im to explode or something!

Hopefully tonight when I get home he will be a bit happier. I heard you can train bettas to do simple tricks... hmmmm... we'll see about that

Anyways, I wanna know what you think! Who does he look like to you?


Photobucket

6 extraordinary comments:

Melissa January 22, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

he looks like a Kyle to me.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub January 22, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

My name suggestion is: "Sting"

He's got the spiky (hair) thing goin' on. And he looks rock n' roll to me.

Yeah... Sting. An excellent name choice ;)

-Andrea

Anonymous January 22, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

Hmmm...I think he needs some sort of Hawaiian name since he is living with sand from Hawaii. How about Kau'i
[kah ooh ee] it means "The Beauty" or Malie[mah lee] which means "Calm" or this is real original I`a [ee' ah] which means "Fish"
Just some thoughts :)

Amy Jo January 22, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

What a beautiful fish! You almost make me want to go out and get all the stuff to have a fish in the house. I think my son would LOVE that!

Debbie January 23, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Barnabas was the first name that came to mind -- but then I love the name Maxwell for a fishy, too.

Kristin January 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

I just wanted to say that I like your fish pictures, especially the bottom one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP