Friday, January 23, 2009

I am so special

I've never been one to claim super-powers or have esp. However, it's always been in the back of my mind... an uncanny ability i've never talked much about. I've been working on this gift for years and finally, i've perfected the art to a point where I am not ashamed to announce publicly that...

I am a Jedi Master.

Ok, well maybe not a master, but surely, a Jedi.

Let me explain.

Today, I went to lunch with Melissa and she ordered ahead of me. I have an extreme aversion to buying soda. Like, I never have been a big soda drinker, I will drink it every now and again, but i feel like it's such a waste of money. Especially when you can buy a 2 liter bottle for less than a "large" at most restaraunts.

But i was thirsty, and I am afraid I have a small caffeine addiction, but it's not like i have to have it every day or something. Every once in awhile I'm just like, man i need a mocha, or a latte... usually I don't want the soda form. But today, the thought of spending $5 on a gourmet coffee was not appealing, so I chose soda.

Being the soda cheapskate I am, I looked at Melissa's drink, which was a large, and hesitantly decided that I could go with just a small.

That's right, a small.

This is where it all begins. Remember I said that I hesitantly decided that i would like a small... Well, in that moment of hesitation, I jedi mind-tricked her.

She charged me for a small, I paid, and as she turned and reached for the small cup her hand eased around the stack and picked up a large.

Ohhhhhh!

and that my friends, is how I know that I am now a Jedi. booya!


Photobucket

3 extraordinary comments:

Melissa January 23, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

well, you did a wonderful job mind tricking her. do that for me next time!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub January 23, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

I bow to you, Jedi.

By the way... you're kinda too pretty to be a jedi, ya know :)

Anonymous January 23, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Amanda.........that's called stealing.....just so you know. HA!! :-)

Colleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP