Thursday, January 22, 2009

what does the inside of a charge-port look like?

Just in case you've ever asked yourself that question, well this is the post for you.

I have the answer. Since I have indeed seen the inside of one. As of last night.

You see, the last several weeks, the battery on my beloved chocolate phone. I have had horrible luck with the chocolate family. I first lost the most beautiful white chocolate phone on a plane coming back from Brazil, which was replaced by the original chocolate. I am currently writing about my 6th replacement chocolate phone. They are junk, don't ever get one! (however, it's my favorite phone to date, still. I love the phone, if it only worked well!)



Day after day, the battery drains... and each day, the amount of time that takes gets shorter and shorter. I have been recharging a couple times a day up until the last 2 weeks. Where I have been recharging multiple times a day as I am no longer able to make a phone call lasting not even 10 minutes on a full charge before it dies.

Honestly, this was really ok. We are up for an upgrade on february 10th, so I figured just stick it out til then and I'll get a good deal on a new phone. However, there is another problem.

Last night I noticed that when I put the charger in the phone, it wasn't making contact and charging. Upon further inspection, I realized that the entire contact that is supposed to be inside the phone was actually attached to the charger and no longer in the phone. So I took it off and attempted to replace it inside the little port hole.

No dice. It still wasn't working. I kept messing with it and moving it around, until finally, I got it back in. But it was in too far. So now, not only does the battery not hold a charge, but I can't even charge it to get the short amount of life it does hold!

I called the store up today to see if they would let me upgrade sooner, but they said I would be forfeiting my $100 credit... so i decided to just wait til the 10th. Thankfully, my good friend Jim just got the new enV2 and had a spare phone which he is so kindly allowing me to use.



So now, I have a phone that works yay! and I am very excited about getting a new phone in a couple weeks. hmmmm... what should i get?


Photobucket

5 extraordinary comments:

Melissa January 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

I loved my chocolate 2, but it had a lot of the same problems as the chocolate. I love my chocolate 3 even more. its got the awesome features of the chocolate, without the problems of the first two models.

Stefanie January 22, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

I've had great luck with Samsung, just about anythings. I like their product, and had then back years ago when I was on my parents Sprint plan, never had a problem. They're not the most interesting looking phones, but for me, all I use is the phone, and the alarm clock, and sometimes the calculator when I'm feeling lazy. :)

Courtney @ splashing grace January 22, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

what should you get? hmm... not a chocolate ;)

Erin January 22, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

I LOVE my Env or what ever it's called.

Cute hat!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub January 22, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

If the G1 wasn't T-Mobile I'd say that.... 'Cause I want to know how it is :)

No clue about phones.... I like the new Blackberry....

-A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP