Tuesday, January 20, 2009

blind leading the blind...

the title of this post surely reflects the fact that i could not think of anything better for a title. the basis for this post is the cool little widget that sits on my sidebar just below my picture.

The followers widget

Just today (as i was sitting in the bathroom, tmi, i know) I was pondering, how/why I now have people following my blog who i don't know. what's worse is that it seems some of them don't even have blogs themselves! well, maybe you do, but it doesn't always link to your profile.

And sometimes (this next one drives me crazy) i will get comments from people and i can't respond to them. of course, if i really want to respond, i'll sometimes be all stalkerific and find their email on facebook... but that's only if we're like somewhat IRL friends (in real life) cuz i'm not friends with people on facebook that i don't actually know... unlike the blogosphere.

So, my point here is this. Currently, out of the 22 followers i have on my blog, I know 11 IRL, 7 are known bloggie friends, 4 i don't know and 2 of those 4 do not appear to even have blogs.

i should be sounding rather obsessive about now... with waaaaay too much time on my hands.

So relax, if that's what you're thinking, then you're right.

Here's another thing. I use google reader, and within that, I can see how many people are actually subscribing to my blog through reader. i have 50!

Anyways, the only thing i want to know is, from the people who i have never corresponded with, or don't already know personally, why are you following my blog? I'm just curious ya know :) And along with that question, I have another

I have never done this because I don't really have a huge comment section waiting after every post, but I will throw this out there... is there anything about me that anyone out there wants to know? I will answer (pretty much) anything... except questions about years 10-14 or of course that incident back in '02 involving my attempt to become a famous movie star by pulling some pretty ridiculous antics... oh wait, that wasn't me.

So, there ya go. Ask away... it will give me some good blogging fuel if nothing else! what do you wanna know about me?


Photobucket

4 extraordinary comments:

Melissa January 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

I wanna know why your so darn amazing? I mean seriously. You radiate too much amazingness(like my new word?!) And I can't even handle it all!

Melissa January 20, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

WHAT?!?! that WAS A serious question!

Anonymous January 22, 2009 at 2:06 AM  

I wanna know!! How you got started in your current job? Or decided that while you worked at photography on the side, you wanted to be a nanny?

Shana January 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

I suppose I would be one of the two followers you don't know that don't have a blog of their own. Honestly, I follow yours because you are very entertaining and I aspire to be you someday (ok, so that sounded stalker-ish) - I mean...I am an aspiring photographer myself and am learning a lot reading your blog. I think you're great and your personality resonates in your blog. I hope to start my own someday but am hesitant to take that leap...it's a scary world out there, you know :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP